Free knitting pattern: kitten hat
Finished measurements (for children 5-6 years/ head circumference 50-54cm/19.7-21inch)
stretches up to 21inch (54cm)
Gauge (stockinette): 10x10cm/ 4x4inch=19stsx29rounds
needle size: 4mm/US6
Garnstudio DROPS Baby Alpaca Silk (23.0sts=4inches). It’s worked with 2 strands!
Maincolour (MC): 50g in lilac
Contrasting colour (CC): 25g in off-white
circular knitting needle size 4mm/US6
CO cast on
** repeat instructions following the asterisks as directed
k1 knit one stitch
p1 purl one stitch
To achieve a larger or smaller size just add/leave away a multiple of 3sts in the width to increase size by 1.6cm/0.62inch.
1. With MC cast on 90sts. Join them in the round, be careful not to twist stitches.
2. Establish the ribbing: *k2, p1*.
3. Work ribbing for 10 rounds.
4. Knit for 21 rounds. Cut one strand of the MC and include one strand of off-white. You are working with one lilac and one white strand now.
5. Knit for 12 rounds. Then cut the second strand of lilac and include one strand of off-white. You are working with 2 white strands now.
6. Knit 18 rounds. Bind off stitches with 3 needle bind off. You can graft the seam, too, if you like the head without a visible line.
Ravelry link to the pattern site:
June 20, 2018
February 22, 2018
September 24, 2017