Sunday Freebie: Autumn Leaves Free Embroidery Pattern
As promised, this is the second Sunday Freebie. You can get the PDF version of this free embroidery pattern and many more mini hoop designs over at the shop.
The Autumn Leaves Pattern
First, get your tools and materials and print out the template. Click here to get the template for printing.
This design is a beginner pattern and it takes about 1-2 hours from start to finish including the finishing of the hoop as a pendant.
Tools & Materials
• large round: 4,75cm/1.9inch
• medium round: 3,25cm/1.3inch
• small round: 2cm/0.78inch
• thread: 6 stranded embroidery thread in the
colorway yellow (742 DMC), orange (947
DMC), red (608 DMC )
• fabric: Kona cotton solids by Kaufman in the
colorway ‘peapod’; 10x10cm/4x4inch
• embroidery hoop for embroidering the pattern.
If you cut the fabric later, you can use a regular
• embroidery needle
• for finishing: craft glue, a mini hoop of your
choice (here is a list of mini hoop shops)
You can find the stitch tutorials below. The stranded embroidery thread can be split up. Use 3 strands for the large
version, 2 strands for the medium and 1 strand for the small version if not stated otherwise.Embroider each twig one after another.
- Begin with the stem. Use stem stitch in the according color to trace the line of the stem.
- Then add each leaf by using the satin stitch. It’s more or less three stitches for each leaf. Make one stitch right in the middle of the leaf then add two slightly shorter stitches to the sides.
- Repeat this for every twig.
February 21, 2019
November 28, 2018
November 8, 2018